Wednesday, February 6, 2013
5:30 PM - 7:00 PM
The Evans School is proud to present the Faculty Roundtable Series. Exploring issues at the cutting edge of public policy and management, the series will feature the Evans School’s internationally recognized faculty and dynamic community leaders.
The series is free and open to the UW community, alumni, and the general public. This event will take place on Wednesday, February 6 from 5:30 pm to 7:00pm in the HUB Lyceum. Register online now to secure a spot.
Beyond the Spreadsheet: the New Strategic Playbook for Public Financial Managers features:
- Mark Funkhouser, Director of the Governing Institute, former Mayor and City Auditor of Kansas City, MO
- Justin Marlowe, Associate Professor and Faculty Director, Executive Master of Public Administration, Evans School
- Jennifer Bright (MPA ‘94), Principal, Luma Consulting
- Dwight Dively, Director of Performance, Strategy, and Budget, King County, WA and Affiliate Professor, Evans School
- Moderated by: Ken Smith, Senior Lecturer, Evans School
Like it or not, public resources will be scarce for the forseeable future. In response, a new breed of financial leaders has emerged from behind the scenes to transform public organizations into leaner, smarter engines of democracy. These leaders use timeless tools in new ways to craft partnerships, manage new risks, and collaborate across their organizations.
Join the Evans School to learn more about these leaders, their stories, and new trends in contemporary public financial management, featuring an opening talk by Mark Funkhouser, director of the Governing Institute and internationally recognized authority on financial management, and a panel discussion with Evans School faculty and alumni.
This event is open to: Students, Faculty, Staff, Alumni, Donors, General Public
This event has been categorized as: Lectures and Presentations
For further information please contact: