The Evans School Denny Alumni Council, named in honor of the Evans School's founding dean Brewster Denny, is a leadership mechanism for creating long-lasting and vibrant relationships between the school and its alumni. Members are drawn from Master of Public Administration (MPA) and Executive MPA alumni. The Alumni Council responsibilities include:
- Serve as liaison between Evans School alumni relations efforts and classmates.
- Participate in Alumni Council meetings (two-three per year).
- Provide ideas, feedback, and support for alumni relations strategy and programs.
- Attend at least one alumni event per year (Puget Sound or Washington, D.C. Alumni Receptions, Career Networking Night, Admitted Student Reception, etc.).
- Contribute to the school’s annual fund and support its other fundraising efforts.
- Maintain confidentiality of information (admissions, giving, hiring, etc.).
- Identify potential future Alumni Council members.
Meet Our Denny Alumni Council Members
- Efrain Gutierrez (MPA ’10), Associate Director, FSG Social Impact Advisors—Seattle, WA
- Courtney Acitelli (MPA ’08), Immediate Past Chair, Program Director, UW Impact—Seattle, WA
- Jennifer Baugh (MPA '04), Project Management Professional—Seattle, WA
- Jessica Case (MPA ’08), Program Officer, Medina Foundation—Seattle, WA
- Linda Chauncey (Executive MPA ’08), Business Owner—Seattle, WA
- Brian Chung (MPA ’07), Analyst, U.S. Government Accountability Office—Seattle, WA
- Karen Demorest (MPA ’06), Executive Director, Youth Job Center—Chicago, Ill.
- David Durbano (MPA '00), Senior Managing Consultant, IBM Corporation—Seattle, WA
- Randy Engstrom (Executive MPA '09), Director, Office of Arts & Culture, City of Seattle—Seattle, WA
- Andrew Erwin (MPA ’11), Program Analyst, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development—Washington, D.C.
- Beth Goldberg (MPA ’95), Director of Administrative Services, City of Sammamish—Seattle, WA
- Robin Groth (Executive MPA ’07), Senior Adviser, Global Women-Partners in Philanthropy—Seattle, WA
- Michael Kern (MPA ’95), Director, The William D. Ruckleshaus Center—Seattle, WA
- Kelsey Knowles (MPA '12), Government Relations, Puget Sound Energy—Bellevue, WA
- Sara Levin (MPA '99), Vice President, Community Services, United Way of King County—Seattle, WA
- Marcus Riccelli (MPA ’07), State Representative, Washington State House—Spokane, WA
- Bill Schrier (MPA ’01), Chief Information Office, Seattle Police Department—Seattle, WA
- Kelly Snyder (Executive MPA ’05), Assistant Vice Chancellor, Government and Community Relations, University of Washington Bothell—Bothell, WA
- Danté Taylor (MPA ’08), Post-Grad Legal Fellow, Bayview/Hunters Point Community Legal—San Francisco, CA
- Alejandra Tres (MPA '01), Executive Director, Municipal League of King County—Seattle, WA