This page contains links to research produced by the Benefit-Cost Analysis Center and by other unaffiliated organizations. It also contains links to selected relevant government documents regarding the practice of benefit-cost analysis.
Note: The links provided mainly connect to sources outside of this website, either to webpages or directly to PDF files. Depending on your browser settings, the files may open in your browser or automatically begin downloading.
- Transportation benefit-cost analysis website of the Transportation Economics Committee of the Transportation Research Board.
- Principles and Guidelines for Evaluating Federal Water Projects: U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Planning and the Use of Benefit-Cost Analysis (878 KB PDF), a report for the Congressional Research Service that was prepared as a course capstone project by members of the PBAF 599D course at the Evans School of Public Affairs and was supervised by Richard O. Zerbe, Jr. and Joseph Cook.
- The Top Tier Evidence initiative, a validated resource used by federal officials to identify social programs meeting the Congressional Top Tier evidence standard, has identified the Transitional Care Model as one of the few program models currently meeting this standard.
- The Tufts Medical Center Cost-Effectiveness Analysis (CEA) Registry has more than 300 cost-effectiveness analyses and 900 cost-effectiveness ratios in an online, searchable database.
- Presentations from the workshop “Strengthening Benefit-Cost Methodology for the Evaluation of Early Childhood Interventions” are available online. Benefit-Cost Analysis Center principal researcher Richard O. Zerbe, Jr. was invited to attend this workshop, which was organized by the Board on Children, Youth, and Families of the National Research Council and Institute of Medicine, and was funded by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.
- Federal Agency Benefit-Cost Analysis Principles & Standards for Social Programs (143 KB PDF), compiled by Richard O. Zerbe, Jr., Masuda, Davis.
Office of Management & Budget, Federal Regulations, & Executive Orders
Department of Justice
Housing & Urban Development
Department of Health & Human Services
Coalition for Evidence-Based Policy
Find out more about the Benefit-Cost Analysis Center by contacting us at email@example.com or 206.616.4090.