The Executive Management Program (EMP) at Cascade Executive Programs provides senior-level managers advanced leadership and management training through a two-week, in-residence program at the Evans School of Public Affairs, University of Washington.
Building on both personal and professional strengths, EMP graduates gain skills to effectively influence the policy process, improve agency performance, and excel in their public or nonprofit careers.
As a participant, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Strengthen your values-based leadership by connecting your agency’s mission to your personal goals
- Receive feedback and engage in constructive self-critique from our nationally-recognized faculty
- Acquire communication skills to be confident when working with the media, marketing programs, conducting meetings, and participating in complex negotiation processes
- Network with and learn from a cohort of executive-level peers in a university setting
- Address big-picture issues and implement strategic planning
- Gain competencies to better meet the demand for more transparent and accountable organizations
Participants who complete the Executive Management Program receive a Certificate of Completion.
Session Topics and Preparation
Course work for the Executive Management Program (EMP) starts approximately six weeks before the in-residence program with the completion of a leadership assessment and substantial reading assignments. The topics for the program include:
This two-week program is not currently scheduled. You might be interested in our Foundations of Strategic Management course in Summer 2015. For more information about our intensive public management courses, contact us at email@example.com.