The Evans School is home to three public affairs journals.
Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory
The Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory (JPART) is the number one journal in public administration. Serving as a bridge between public administration and public management scholars, its aim is to advance organizational, administration, and policy science as applied to government and governance. JPART is peer reviewed.
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management
The Journal of Policy Analysis and Management (JPAM) is jointly housed with Indiana University and ranked in the top 10 of public administration journals. It covers multidisciplinary research to create a community of scholars dedicated to policy analysis and public management. JPAM is peer reviewed.
Maureen Pirog, Evans School affiliate faculty, is JPAM’s editor-in-chief; Robert Plotnick, Evans School professor and associate dean, is an editorial board member; Mark Long, Evans School associate professor, is a co-editor; and Kay Sterner, Evans School academic professional writer, is the copy editor.
Evans School Review
The Evans School Review (ESR) is an Evans School student-produced academic journal in its third year of publication. It features multidisciplinary research in public policy and management, showcasing student and alumni research and perspectives. Evans School MPA student, Bridgette T. Savino, is editor-in-chief for academic year 2012–2013.
Additional Journal Leadership
- Demography: Robert Plotnick, deputy editor; Charles Hirschmann, deputy editor
- International Public Management Journal: Ken Smith, editorial review board member
- Journal of Risk Research: Ann Bostrom, associate editor
- Public Administration Review–Public Documents Section: Ken Smith, editorial review board member
- Journal of Public Budgeting Accounting and Financial Management: Justin Marlowe, editorial review board member; Ken Smith, editorial review board member
- Journal of Public Integrity: J. Patrick Dobel, profile editor
- Risk Analysis: Ann Bostrom, editorial review board member; Alison Cullen, editorial review board member
- Risk Communication of Human and Ecological Risk Assessment: An International Journal; Ann Bostrom, senior editor for risk communication
- State and Local Government Review: Justin Marlowe, editorial review board member