The Evans School is home to two public affairs journals.
Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory
The Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory (JPART) is the number one journal in public administration and public policy. Serving as a bridge between public administration and public management scholars, its aim is to advance organizational, administration, and policy science as applied to government and governance. JPART is peer reviewed.
Evans School Review
The Evans School Review (ESR) is an Evans School student-produced academic journal in its third year of publication. It features multidisciplinary research in public policy and management, showcasing student and alumni research and perspectives.
Additional Journal Leadership
- Asian Population Studies, Charles Hirschmann, international advisory board
- Demography: Charles Hirschmann, deputy editor
- International Public Management Journal: Ken Smith, editorial review board member
- Journal of Policy Analysis and Management: Mark Long, co-editor
- Journal of Policy Analysis and Management: Robert Plotnick, deputy editor
- Journal of Risk Research: Ann Bostrom, associate editor
- Public Administration Review: Public Documents Section: Ken Smith, editorial review board member
- Journal of Public Budgeting Accounting and Financial Management: Justin Marlowe, editorial review board member; Ken Smith, editorial review board member
- Journal of Public Integrity: J. Patrick Dobel, profile editor
- Malaysian Journal of Economic Studies: Charles Hirschmann, editorial advisor
- Risk Analysis: Ann Bostrom, editorial review board member; Alison Cullen, editorial review board member
- Human and Ecological Risk Assessment: An International Journal; Ann Bostrom, senior editor for risk communication
- State and Local Government Review: Justin Marlowe, editorial review board member