Evans School Visiting Scholars
Visiting Scholars at the Evans School of Public Affairs can pursue academic research and enjoy the benefits of Evans School and University of Washington (UW) resources. The goals of this program are to:
- Support rigorous and innovative research in public policy, management, and leadership by leading and emerging scholars across the United States and around the world.
- Strengthen collaborative research between the globally renowned Evans School faculty and partners around the world.
- Contribute to the vibrancy and productivity of the research culture at the Evans School.
- Potentially fundraise for collaborative research projects between Evans School faculty and their partner scholars.
To be eligible to join the Evans School as a Visiting Scholar, you must:
- Hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree and a professorial title at another institution.
- Have an existing connection with a faculty member who is willing to sponsor your time at the Evans School.
- If there is no pre-existing relationship with an Evans School faculty member, submit a request in writing to determine if a faculty member is willing to be your sponsor, based on a review of research interests (see faculty areas of specialization).
Visiting Scholars may visit for up to one year, dependent upon individual visa restraints, with the possibility of renewal for an additional year. The Evans School hosts a select and limited set of Visiting Scholars at any one time.
Visiting Scholar Benefits
- Faculty: Discuss research and common interests with faculty who have agreed to work with the Visiting Scholar. Access to faculty members is at faculty discretion.
- University Library: Library privileges according to library regulations and eligibility requirements. A UW NetID will be provided to Visiting Scholars. Some fees for services will be the responsibility of the Scholar and will be invoiced by the Evans School.
- Research Space: Shared research space will be assigned as space permits.
- Computer Access: The Evans School is unable to provide computers for Visiting Scholars.
- Special Activities: Participate in special activities connected with Evans School programs.
- UW Facilities: Access to recreational and other facilities of the Associated Students of the University of Washington.
- Bus Pass: Eligibility for a special University bus pass (U-Pass) at a nominal cost (contact Parking Services).
- Parking: Eligibility for campus parking (contact Parking Services).
For additional information on how to apply to be a Visiting Scholar, please see Visiting Scholars: Admissions and Applications.