The Environmental Policy program option provides MPA students the opportunity to acquire the tools, methodologies, interdisciplinary perspectives, and substantive topic knowledge necessary to be successful analysts, managers, and leaders in public, nonprofit, and private organizations that cover a broad spectrum of environmental and natural resource issues.
A program option is transcriptable. Students who complete all of the required coursework will have the following listed on their transcript upon graduation: Master of Public Administration (Environmental Policy)
The Evans School’s Environmental Policy program option requirements are:
- Completion of all MPA program core requirements, as outlined in the MPA Student Handbook, including 36 core credits, one values elective, fulfillment of the Evans School’s capstone requirement (preferably on an environmental topic), and completion of a total of 72 credits (of which at least 60 must be PUBPOL credits) to earn the MPA degree.
- Completion of PUBPOL 590: Environmental Policy Processes. This course is next scheduled for Winter Quarter 2018 (but may be an autumn or spring course in subsequent academic years).
- Completion of at least three of the following elective courses:
- PUBPOL 538 International Organizations & Ocean Management
- PUBPOL 547 Water Resource Economics
- PUBPOL 565 GIS & Public Policy
- PUBPOL 582 Communicating Climate Change
- PUBPOL 587 Water & Sanitation Policy in Developing Countries
- PUBPOL 589 Risk Assessment for Environmental Health Hazards
- PUBPOL 592 Resource Policy & Administration
- PUBPOL 594 Economic Approaches to Environmental Management
- PUBPOL 595 Environmental Risks & Values
- PUBPOL 595 Environmental Governance in the Developing World
- PUBPOL 595 Energy & Climate Policy
- PUBPOL 595 Native Nations, Lands, & Waters
- PUBPOL 597 Role of Scientific Information in Environmental Decisions
This program is only open to current Evans School MPA students, who are eligible to complete the program option after their first year of study. Current MPA students should contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Prospective students: Please contact our Office of Admissions with any questions.