Evans School alumni are making an impact. Here's the latest news.
- Don Billen (MPA '96) became the new Deputy Executive Director, Office of Project Development, Sound Transit.
- Katie Cullen (MPA ’08) was named Chief Financial Officer of UW Athletics at the University of Washington
- Nicole DeCario (MPA '16) became Stolen Youth’s first ever Executive Director. She previously worked as the Managing Director of Operations and Special Projects at the Bezos Family Foundation.
- Suzanne Dale Estey (MPA '01) stepped down as Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director of the Economic Development Council in Seattle.
- Former State Senator Karen Fraser (MPA ’69, Advisory Board member) was honored by the Government of Japan with the “Imperial Decoration—the order of the Rising Sun, Gold Rays with Rosette” in recognition of her contributions in furthering exchange between Japan and the US by promoting Japanese culture in Washington State.
- Keyarash Jahanian (MPA '13) started a new position as Research Associate at MIT Teaching Systems Lab.
- Josh Mahar (MPA ’12) started a new role as Program Analyst at Triangle Council of Governments.
- Sabra Schneider (EMPA '09) was named Chief Information Officer for the City of Bellevue.
- Ben Wiselogle (MPA ’15), recipient of a Presidential Management Fellowship, accepted a role as a Foreign Affairs Officer, Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons, US Department of State.
Here are some updates from earlier in the year:
- Talia Kahn-Kravis is a Research Analyst at Mathematica Policy Research in Washington, D.C.
- David Nash-Mendez is a Management Fellow with the City of Tacoma, WA.
- Ashley Sonoff is a Associate Management Analyst at the City of Gresham, OR. Ashley is also a member of the Denny Alumni Council.
- Anna Verbeke secured her dream job working in Juba, South Sudan, as a Reporting and Monitoring & Evaluation Officer for the International Organization for Migration.
- Kayvon Zadeh is a Management Auditor with the King County Auditor's Office.
- Jenna Boyd is a Budget & Analysis Program Coordinator with the City of Eugene, OR.
- Mei-Chiang Kuo is working as a Sustainable Business Associate for the ECOSS.
Moving into a new role? Share your professional updates with us!