The Benefit-Cost Analysis Center maintains a database of benefit-cost analysis studies. The collection spans a variety of topics and serves as a valuable resource to the field of benefit-cost analysis, specifically for teachers and students of BCA. To view the project, please click on the following link, which will open a spreadsheet in Google Drive: View BCA database
Please note that this effort is no longer active. This data is historical.
Questions for analysis
- Identify the beneficiaries and losers.
- How well are the steps in the BCA process followed?
- How well are the assumptions clearly stated?
- How well was uncertainty and risk considered?
- What discount rate was used and how was it justified?
- Would the proposed project be likely to increase or decrease or be indeterminate with respect to income inequality?
- What studies reported negative results with respect to the BCA findings?
- What proportion of the studies are convincing and how does this correlate to the extent to which steps and assumptions are clear?