The Nancy Bell Evans Center on Nonprofits and Philanthropy supports research-based nonprofit and philanthropic education at the Evans School and throughout the University of Washington by identifying, developing, and supporting advanced learning opportunities for graduate students and executive-level professionals.
Graduate Nonprofit Education
At the Evans School, the Master of Public Administration (MPA) program includes courses on aspects of nonprofits and philanthropy such as management and leadership, program evaluation, fiscal management, fundraising and grant-writing. In addition:
- The Nonprofit Management Certificate program explores the challenges of organizational and regulatory environments, giving graduate students throughout UW the tools and framework needed to meet the increasing challenges facing the nonprofit sector today.
- The Board Fellows Program with the Foster School of Business places MPA and MBA students as non-voting board members of local nonprofit organizations. Board Fellows gain experience in making strategic decisions and contribute their expertise to a nonprofit organization serving an important community need. This program is offered in conjunction with a credit-optional 4-session course on nonprofit boards offered through the Evans School of Public Policy and Governance.
Executive Education & Professional Development for the Nonprofit Sector
- The Nonprofit Executive Leadership Institute is a week-long professional development course designed to enhance the strategic and visionary thinking of nonprofit executives. Contact Cascade Executive Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about the program.
- Cascade Executive Programs provides professional development for public and nonprofit employees in the areas of leadership, management, communication, finance and accountability.
- Non-degree certificate programs related to nonprofits and philanthropy are offered through UW Professional and Continuing Education in Nonprofit Management, Fundraising Management, and Museum Studies.
- The Evans School’s Electronic Hallway allows registered users access to dozens of teaching cases about nonprofit organizations and more.