View an interactive campus map to help you navigate the UW campus.
This year's orientation activities will take place between September 11 and 25, 2018. Classes begin on Wednesday, September 26, 2018.
Required Orientation Events
All New Students
- MPA New Student Orientation: Thursday, September 20 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (Intellectual House)
All New International Students
- International MPA Student Orientation: Wednesday, September 12 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Parrington Hall Room 308, the Remak Commons)
- FIUTS Embark Session: Various dates/times (see FIUTS' website for details and to register for an Embark session)
Optional Orientation Events
Optional activities will include:
- Intercultural Development Institutes (content will be the same at each session, so interested students only need to attend one date):
- Tuesday, September 11 from 1 to 4 p.m. OR
- Monday, September 17 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. OR
- Monday, October 1 from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Math Camp: Thursday, September 13 through Saturday, September 15
- Career Institutes (content will be the same at each session, so interested students only need to attend one date):
- Friday, September 14 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. OR
- Monday, September 24 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. OR
- Friday, October 5 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Evans Student Organization (ESO) BBQ: Friday, September 21 at 5 p.m.
- Student Interest Group (SIG) Fair: Friday, September 21 from 2:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Student Veteran Welcome: Monday, September 24 from 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Waiver Exams
Additional events to help you adjust to graduate school and get to know the Evans community will take place during Autumn Quarter, including:
- 1st-Generation Student Welcome
- Student Parent Welcome
- Evans School Potlucks
- Pizza and Bowling with the Dean