AS OF DECEMBER, 2018, THE EVANS SCHOOL IS LOCATED IN CONDON HALL TO ACCOMODATE THE REMODEL OF PARRINGTON HALL.
Please Note: the Evans School does not rent out conference space to other UW departments or to the general public.
If you are looking to reserve a regular classroom, click here.
Evans School staff and faculty may continue to reserve the Denny Forum and Remak Commons for events related to Evans School business. Fee-based programs and sponsored research at the Evans School will be charged a rental fee (please see “rental rates” section below for more information). Evans School students may reserve these rooms as well, but need prior approval (please see “event organizing and promotion” below for more information).
Reserve the Dean's Conference Room (Condon Hall 301)
The DCR is primarily intended for faculty and staff use. Students may reserve the DCR for client meetings related to capstone or related projects, as well as ESO leadership and SIG meetings.
Please note: any reservations of the DCR are subject to cancellation, should the Dean require the space.
Please do not use the Outlook or Office systems below to reserve the DCR.
Reserve the Student Meeting Room (Condon Hall 022)
The Student Meeting Room is intended for student and SIG use.
Reserve Condon 309-C (Formerly Denny Forum)
Condon 309-C is primarily intended for faculty and staff use. Students may reserve Condon 309-C for client meetings related to capstone or related projects, as well as ESO leadership and SIG meetings.
Please note: any reservations of Condon 309-C are subject to cancellation, should the Dean require the space.
Please do not use the Outlook or Office systems below to reserve Condon 309-C.
Viewing a Calendar using Outlook or Office 365
The Evans School has updated the reservation system for the Remak Commons, and the Denny Forum. We are now using Outlook calendars to manage the rooms and view availability. Please use the instructions below for adding a room calendar into your own Outlook or Office 365 account.
Viewing a Calendar using Non-standard Calendar Apps
The Evans School makes iCal links available for users of non-standard calendar apps.
Reserving a Room using Outlook or Office 365
To reserve a room, you will need to request a meeting with the room just like you would for a colleague attending your meeting. This can be done using Outlook or Office 365. Please use the instructions below for creating a reservation request or to edit/cancel your existing reservation.
Note: Students will need event approval before a room request can be made. Please see "Event Organizing and Promotion" for additional information.
Rental Rates for Denny Forum and Classroom 108
Evans Fee Based Programs and Sponsored Research: $50 per hour or $350 per day
Hourly rentals are billed in 30 minute increments.
No deposit is required. Failure to cancel a reservation at least 31 days in advance will result in a $35 fine charged to your budget. If a reservation is made within 31 days of an event and cancelled after 24 hours of the initial booking, a $35 fine will be charged to your budget.
PLEASE NOTE: The Evans School has moved out of Parrington Hall as of December 2018 to accomodate its rennovation.
- Location: Parrington Hall – The Remak Commons is located on the 3rd Floor – Room 308 and the Denny Forum is located on the 3rd Floor – Room 309. Classroom 108 is located on the 1st Floor of Parrington Hall.
- Keys: A room key for the Denny Forum is still required and must be picked up during normal business hours (8am – 5pm) in Parrington Hall, Room 208. If your event extends beyond 5:00 pm, the key should be left in the white and gold mailbox on the wall adjacent to the door. At the conclusion of your event, please make sure the door is locked and shut when you leave.
- Cleanup: All spaces must be left clean and orderly. This includes returning all furniture to its original location, and removing any and all trash to the outside dumpsters located on the northwest side of the building. Reservations for the Commons will be closely monitored as the room is intended for classroom purposes.
University Guidelines (RUFF Form)
A Request for Use of University Facilities (RUUF) form is required for all events open to the public or those wishing to serve alcohol. Learn more about the RUUF form.
Event Organizing and Promotion
- Planning an event? Use this checklist as a guide.
- Want your event information to be shared with the Communications department? Submit a ticket here: https://evans.uw.edu/help
- Want to post your event to the Evans School events calendar? Go to the Evans School Event Calendar and click the "Submit an Event" button. You will need to login with your UW NetId. New events will be reviewed and posted onto the website calendar for public viewing.
- Evans School students must receive approval prior to submitting a room request. Please submit the webform available HERE, and consult with ESO and Carrie Evans before making a room reservation.
- A series of event templates are available for posters, table tents, and other things you might need for your event.
*On an exceptional basis the Dean or the Director, Finance and Administration may allow an external party to reserve space in Parrington Hall. Once an exception is granted, the Evans School point of contact will email approval of the exception to:
- Jen Hallmon, Associate Director, Finance and Administration (and Building Coordinator), and
- Bely Luu, Events Manager
and include the following information:
- Date, time, and room requested.
- Organization who will be using the space and their point of contact.
- Whether the Evans School will charge rent or it will be free.
- Whether the Evans School is requested to arrange other items such as custodial or security (which may be needed on weekends), and if yes, whether the Evans School will be reimbursed for those expenses.
Questions about reserving a room in Parrington Hall? Please send us an email at email@example.com.