As you consider offering your financial support to Evans School Student Fellowships on our first annual Husky Giving Day, let’s – each of us – remember why WE support this hard work of public service. 

I give to the Evans School because I am an optimist. I believe in the public good. I believe good work through government and public service can make a difference. And, I think the world can be made a better place.

Each year, students come to the Evans School with high aspirations to serve the public good.  I am inspired by their impatience and diligence as they dedicate themselves to untangling the daunting challenges facing our nation and our communities, and the broader world with whom we all engage. They are a terrific investment in our future – I promise you. 

Student fellowships are the cornerstone of making a top-tier education affordable for all who desire a rewarding career in public service leadership. Fellowships – and internships -- matter because with these monthly stipends – used to pay tuition bills and living expenses – our students can take out fewer loans. 

Today – we are asking you to invest in students that you may never meet individually.  But whom you trust to carry on the collective work of making the public systems that are essential to us all work better for everyone.

Thank you for opening doors for our inspiring students.  When you make a financial gift to the Evans School, you leave our public service tradition with a future.