Payment for courses must be received within 30 days of receiving an invoice or by the start date of a course, whichever occurs first.
We understand that different agencies and organizations have varying payment processes. In order to accommodate you, please choose from these acceptable forms of payment:
- Credit Card: We accept Visa and MasterCard over the phone. Please call 206.685.0523 after submitting your registration form to pay for your course. A receipt will be mailed to the cardholder within 30 days of payment. We apologize for any inconvenience, as secure online payment is not available at this time.
- Purchase Order Number: If your agency is unable to submit payment until after a service is rendered, we accept purchase order numbers (PO#) prior to a course in order to meet the payment deadline. The PO# may be included at the time of your registration or emailed to email@example.com with the name of the participant, course name, and PO# as soon as possible following registration.
- Check: Make checks payable to the University of Washington and mail to Cascade Executive Programs, University of Washington, Parrington Hall, Box 353055, Seattle, WA 98195-3055. Please include the names of the participant and course with the check.
- University of Washington Budget Number: For registrants who work at the University of Washington, department budget number may be included at time of registration or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the names of the participant and course following registration.
Please note that you are still registered for a course and subject to the cancellation policy even if payment is not received by the deadline. If a registrant fails to attend a course without notification, full tuition is required.
Due to the demand for Cascade courses and the volume of pre-course preparation, we must abide by our cancellation policy. Unless otherwise stated in a registration confirmation, our default cancellation policy is as follows:
- Cancellation requests must be received in writing (email acceptable) and require a written confirmation from Cascade Executive Programs to be in effect.
- Cancellation requests received 21 days or more before a course start date (on or before the cancellation deadline) will incur no penalty/receive a full refund.
- A cancellation fewer than 21 days prior to a course start date (after the cancellation deadline) will incur the penalty of full tuition.
Also, a participant may not transfer to a different course or to the next offering of the same course after the cancellation deadline.
If a registrant fails to attend a course without notification, full tuition is required. Please note that failure to submit payment or failure to attend does not cancel you from a course.
In addition, some courses have cancellation deadlines other than 21 days. Please consult the individual course websites and registration/application forms for cancellation details.
You can avoid being assessed the cancellation penalty by finding a substitute for a canceling registrant at any time prior to the start date of a course. Email email@example.com with the substitute’s name, job title, mailing address, and contact information.
If there is a waitlist for a course, Cascade Executive Programs will attempt to find an available substitute. Frequently, however, there is not a waitlist, and a canceling registrant must find a substitute from her/his own agency/department/organization. It is the responsibility of the canceling registrant to hand off any course materials that she/he has received to the substitute; otherwise, an additional fee will be charged for the provision of additional course materials.
If a cancellation request is received after the deadline and the canceling registrant cannot find a substitute to take her/his place, or if Cascade Executive Programs cannot fill the spot with a substitute from the waitlist within 7 days of the course (whichever occurs first), the cancelling registrant is responsible for paying the cancellation penalty in the form of full course tuition.
Verification of attendance and the Certificate of Completion are based on attendance at all sessions and full participation in study groups, evening activities, and any other activities included in a particular course. A course participant is responsible for attending all sessions and completing all course preparation. If more than 20% of a course is missed, a verification letter will not be awarded. If a participant cannot attend a portion of a course, please notify Cascade Executive Programs staff in advance.
For questions or concerns regarding Cascade policies, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org