Regular hours for Parrington Hall:
Monday-Thursday: 7am - 7pm
Friday: 7am - 5pm
Reporting Facility Problems
To report facility issues such a burnt-out lights, bathroom problems, and others, send a request to the Evans School Dean's Suite at email@example.com with the following information:
- Room number or hallway that needs attention
- Description of problem
For emergencies, please call 206.543.6386 or visit the Dean's Suite in Parrington Hall, room 208.
Building Access & Keys
Staff, Faculty, and Students may be granted after-hours access to the building by visiting Chloe Kinsey in the Parrington 109 suite and having your Husky Card authorized to access the building.
Keys for individual offices and suites in Parrington are available by contacting the Evans School Dean's Suite at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to pay a $6.50 deposit per key issued. Exact change required.
Lost and Found: Office suite 109 maintains the building’s lost and found. The main point of contact is . If you've lost something, please stop by 109 or contact Chloe Kinsey at email@example.com or 206-543-4900.
In order to maintain a professional, clean appearance and provide the most relevant information to the Evans School community, the following policy must be adhered to for posting flyers:
- Must be Evans School-related.
- Must be information about something that enhances the students’ experience, e.g. new course offering, internship opportunity, events, information sessions.
- Information cannot be derogatory in nature.
- Must be reviewed, approved, and posted by the front desk staff in either Student Services (109) or Dean’s Office (208). Approval signified by stamp.
- Flyers are placed on designated Evans School bulletin boards with push pins/tacks. Bulletin boards are located:
- 1st floor: 3 options—outside Parrington 108, adjacent to Common Grounds, and ESO Office
- 2nd floor: outside Dean’s Office suite (208)
- 3rd floor: outside Remak Commons (308)
Note: all other flyers/notices posted elsewhere will be removed.
University of Washington faculty, staff, and students are not allowed to use visitor parking permits. Transportation expenses for your daily commute (between official residence and official duty station or teleworking site) is a personal obligation whether or not it is a normal scheduled work day. These expenses are not permitted or reimbursable. To obtain a student or employee parking permit, contact UW Commuter Services.
To get a parking permit for visitors, submit a request to Evans School Finance and Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name and affiliation of person using the permit
- Reason why the person is visiting
- Date the person is visiting
A visitor parking permit (typically a validation coupon) will be given to you for the specific visit indicated in your email. Questions about visitor parking permits should be directed to Evans School Finance and Administration at email@example.com.
Information Regarding Office Moves
Document Number: GEN-FY07-04
We are committed to providing space on an equitable basis within the bylaws of the school and to provide space that allows individuals to get their work done in a space that is adequate to their assigned tasks. We are committed to providing ergonomic work stations and to locate people whenever possible close to the group or organizational unit. Space is reviewed on an annual basis and recommendations are submitted to the Dean by the Assistant Dean with input from the Associate Deans. All space assignments with the exception of tenured or tenure-track faculty are annual.
The Evans School assigns and manages the following types of space:
- Faculty Offices
- Staff Offices
- Research Center Offices
- Open Areas
- Computer Lab Space
- Conference and Meeting Rooms
- Student Study Space
- Ph.D. Space
- Research Assistant Space
- Collaborative Learning Lab Space
Faculty space assignments are made by the Dean of the Evans School or designee following these guidelines:
- When tenured or tenure track offices become available, the Director of Finance & Administration will notify all tenured and tenure track faculty of the available office space.
- The available space will be allocated on the basis of seniority among the interested faculty. Seniority will be determined on the basis of rank first and then total time at the Evans School.
- There may be times when the Dean may allocate available office space for other special reasons such as disability accommodations.
- The normal expectation of the School is that faculty members should not be required to give up an office they presently possess. In a rare case where the Dean believes such a move would be of benefit to the School, the Dean will negotiate with the faculty member and seek to arrive at a mutually acceptable set of conditions for the faculty member agreeing to move offices.
- Tenured or tenure track faculty with 50% or less appointment will be provided shared office space with other joint appointment faculty.
- The office space of faculty members on sabbatical leave for more than a quarter will be available for temporary assignment as determined by the Dean.
- Research faculty with 100% appointments who do not have office space elsewhere will be assigned an office.
- Principal Lecturers with full time teaching appointments will be provided an office space.
- Part-time lecturers may be assigned shared office space.
Staff space assignments will be determined by the Dean or their designee following these guidelines:
- Administrative staff with titles of Assistant Dean or Director shall whenever possible have a private office.
- Space vacated between allocation periods due to resignations, terminations, retirements, or lay-off will be used for surge space until replacements are hired.
- Other staff members are expected to work in shared space environments.
- Space for personal service contractors or consultants will not be provided.
Annual Research Center space assignments will be determined by the Dean or their designee following these guidelines:
- Incubating Research/Policy Centers will have identifiable locations within the building for staff for a period not to exceed five years. It is expected that these centers will have secured adequate funding streams to rent off campus space in year six.
- Research assistants hired by research centers will be assigned to shared research assistant space in Parrington Hall and not housed within space assigned to the center.
- Space assigned to research centers vacated due to resignations, terminations, retirements, or lay-off will be used for surge space and may be assigned to others.