You may make your own hotel reservations and pay any applicable registration deposits. Maximum allowable per diem rates, or the amount you can be reimbursed for food and lodging per day, will vary from city to city. If your hotel stay exceeds per diem rate maximums, explain why you are requesting an exception to the lodging allowance.

You may use a University of Washington (UW) Individual Travel Card or a personal credit card to pay for your lodging. For UW faculty and staff, it may be beneficial to open and use a UW Individual Travel Card  for UW business travel expenses. The Central Travel Account (CTA) can only be used to pay for lodging if five or more UW travelers are attending a conference or event (within the U.S. or British Columbia). Contact the Evans School Fiscal Team  for more information 

Find out more about travel.