The majority of MPA students complete their capstone project requirement through the Evans School’s Student Consulting Lab (formerly 'Public Service Clinics'). Students work on topics proposed by public and nonprofit agencies, usually involving the identification and exposition of a policy or administrative problem, consideration of alternate courses of action, and recommendations for a solution.
Students enroll in Capstone Project Seminars during Winter and Spring Quarters and work in teams to answer clients’ proposed questions. The final product is negotiated between the student team, the faculty advisor, and the client.
- Review the 2018-19 Capstone Project Handout
- Learn about the Student Consulting Lab process and your responsibilities from proposal to presentation
- Review past projects in the capstone project archive
- View research, writing, team, and presentation resources
- Read advice from past Student Consulting Lab students
For more information, contact Caitlin Blomquist at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.616.1613.