April 21-22, 2017
Parrington Hall, UW Seattle Campus
The 14th Annual West Coast Nonprofit Data Conference is hosted by the Nancy Bell Evans Center on Nonprofits & Philanthropy at the Evans School of Public Policy & Governance. This annual conference gathers faculty members, graduate students, and researchers who study all aspects of the nonprofit and philanthropic sector, with a particular focus on new data and methodologies. The event offers a collegial venue for doctoral students and early stage scholars to present their work and ideas, and receive critical yet supportive feedback on their research.
The 2017 conference agenda is available here. The West Coast Nonprofit Data Conference website provides a history of the conference and information from previous conferences. The WCDC website can be found here.
Registration for the conference is free, but we are asking participants to confirm registration so that we can plan accordingly.
In addition, all participants are welcome to join us for an informal dinner near campus on Friday night. The $20 charge will cover dinner and a non-alcoholic drink; a no-host bar will also be available. Additional details on the dinner are forthcoming.
Special discounted rooms ($129/night) are being held at the University Inn, a few minutes walk from campus. These rooms will be held until March 21, 2017. Information on booking, as well as other lodging and transportation options are given here.
Call for Submissions
The Call for submissions has passed. Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
2pm-5pm: Opening Plenary and Research Sessions
6pm: Optional dinner near UW
12-1:30pm: Lunchtime plenary
Directions to the Evans School
To Downtown Seattle from Sea-Tac International Airport (copied from ASA meeting guide)
- Ground Transportation Link Light Rail/Sound Transit: Link Light Rail connects downtown to Sea-Tac with 13 stops in 37 minutes and costs $3 each way. Trains depart regularly between approximately 5:00 AM and 1:00 AM http://www.soundtransit.org/
- City Bus Service/King County Metro Transit: The Metro buses that serve Seattle-Tacoma International Airport are located on International Boulevard (State Highway 99) and South 176th Street by the Link Light Rail Station. Departure times are shown on information signs at the bus stop. You also can pick up printed bus timetables at the Ground Transportation Information Booth on the Baggage Claim level near door number 16 across from baggage carousel 12; Cost is $2.50 one way between Convention Center and SeaTac; www.soundtransit.org/
- Seattle Downtown Airporter/Shuttle Express: The Downtown Airporter provides bus transportation between the downtown Seattle hotels and the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. The bus operates between SeaTac Airport and the Crowne Plaza, Fairmont Olympic, Grand Hyatt, Hilton, Renaissance, Sheraton, Warwick, Westin, Waterfront Marriott, Holiday Inn, Travel Lodge, and Best Western Hotels. See the Airporter departure schedule online. Cost is $18 one way with a discount for booking a round trip; www.downtownairporter.com/service-schedule
- Shuttle Express: Passengers are picked up at the inner drive curb on the third floor of the Airport Garage. Service to the Airport: Call (425) 981-7000 for reservations. Passengers are dropped off at their airline.
- Seattle Taxis: Taxi service is available throughout Seattle and on the third floor of the Sea-Tac Parking Garage. $35-45 from airport to downtown hotels (metered at $2.50/mile) $40 flat fee from downtown hotels to the airport August’s weather is the hottest for Seattle, Washington, yet few days get really hot.
To Evans School by bus from the Sheraton Hotel:
- See Map #1 below
- Walk east on Pike St for .2 miles. The bus stop is located halfway between 8th Ave and 9th Ave
- Take the 49 bus (eastward direction). Stay on the bus for 15 stops.
- Exit the bus at 15th Ave NE & NE 42nd St
- Walk south on 15th back toward 42nd
- Take one of the campus walking paths toward Parrington Hall, which is the large red brick building
- Cost of bus is $2.50 each way (exact change is required)
To Evans School by Uber/Lyft/Taxi:
- See Map #1 below
- Uber/Lyft/Taxi cannot get onto campus without paying for parking so the address you should give is for the School of Social Work. The Uber will leave you 1 block south of where bus 49 (directions above) leaves you. Get to Parrington hall by taking one of the campus walking paths.
- School of Social Work, University of Washington
- 4101 15th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98105
- The cost is approximately $15 for Uber and Lyft without surge pricing
To Evans School by car (using Underground Parking):
- Exit Sheraton on Union St
- Head west on Union St for one block; turn left on 5th Ave and drive one block
- Turn left on University S. and follow signs for I-5 North on-ramp
- From I-5 northbound, take the NE 45th St exit (#169)
- Turn right onto NE 45thStreet
- Continue east about 1/4-mile to 15th Avenue NE and turn right
- Head south on 15th Avenue for three blocks to NE 41stStreet
- Turn left at Gate #1 into the Central Plaza Garage
- Stop at the gatehouse inside the garage for parking permit
- Parking is $15 per day
To Evans School by Link Light Rail/Sound Transit (from Westlake Station):
- See Map #2 below
- Parrington Hall is a 20-minute walk from the University of Washington Link Light Rail/Sound Transit stop so it may not be the best option for everyone
- Take the train toward the University of Washington (2 stops).
- Take the pedestrian bridge over Montlake Boulevard and head north towards campus.
- Pass Drumheller Fountain and head through Red Square (Suzzalo Library and Odegaard Library) to Parrington Hall.
Evans School Maps
You can find an interactive map of the University of Washington and printable version at the following websites:
Bus Stop for Route 49
The map shows the location of the stop for bus route 49 that is closest to the Evans School (Parrington Hall) near the intersection of NE 42nd Street and 15th Avenue NE.
Light Rail/Sound Transit stop for the University of Washington
The map below shows the fastest walking route to the Evans School (Parrington Hall) from the University of Washington train stop.