Types of Research
- (-) Remove Food Security & Nutrition filter Food Security & Nutrition
- (-) Remove Market & Value Chain Analysis filter Market & Value Chain Analysis
- (-) Remove Literature Review filter Literature Review
- (-) Remove Smallholder Farmers filter Smallholder Farmers
- (-) Remove Women filter Women
- (-) Remove Southern Africa Region and Selected Countries filter Southern Africa Region and Selected Countries
This literature review provides information on the dynamics of the maize market and maize prices in Zambia. We address four key topics: average production costs and breakeven prices for maize farmers in Zambia, main drivers of volatility of maize production volumes, key factors driving the differences between Zambian and global maize prices, and policies that may have contributed to increased farmer productivity.