Types of Research
- (-) Remove Monitoring & Evaluation filter Monitoring & Evaluation
- (-) Remove 2015 filter 2015
- (-) Remove Aid & Other Development Finance filter Aid & Other Development Finance
- (-) Remove Technology filter Technology
- (-) Remove Sub-Saharan Africa filter Sub-Saharan Africa
- (-) Remove Political Economy & Governance filter Political Economy & Governance
- (-) Remove 2012 filter 2012
This report provides a summary of findings from six Financial Inclusion Insights (FII) data analysis reports conducted by various agencies for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF). These reports investigate barriers to financial inclusion and use of digital financial services (DFS) in Bangladesh, India, Kenya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Tanzania, and Uganda. We compile comparable gender-specific statistics, summarize the authors’ findings to determine commonalities and differences across countries, and highlight gender-specific conclusions and recommendations provided in the studies.
This brief reviews the evidence of realized yield gains by smallholder farmers attributable to the use of high-quality seed and/or improved seed varieties. Our analysis suggests that in most cases, use of improved varieties and/or quality seed is associated with modest yield increases. In the sample of 395 trials reviewed, positive yield changes accompanied the use of improved variety or quality seed, on average, in 10 out of 12 crops, with rice and cassava as the two exceptions.