Types of Research
- (-) Remove 2008 filter 2008
- (-) Remove 2014 filter 2014
- (-) Remove Finance & Investment filter Finance & Investment
- (-) Remove Environment & Climate Change filter Environment & Climate Change
- (-) Remove Data Analysis filter Data Analysis
This research project examines the traits of Tanzanian farmers living in five different farming system-based sub-regions: the Northern Highlands, Sukumaland, Central Maize, Coastal Cassava, and Zanzibar. We conducted quantitative analysis on data from the Tanzania National Panel Survey (TNPS). We complimented this analysis with qualitative data from fieldwork conducted in the summer of 2011 and September 2013 to present a quantitatively and qualitatively informed profile of the “typical” agricultural household’s land use patterns, demographic dynamics, and key issues or production constraints in each sub-region.