Types of Research
- (-) Remove Risk, Preferences, & Decision-Making filter Risk, Preferences, & Decision-Making
- (-) Remove 2008 filter 2008
- (-) Remove Information & Mobile Technology filter Information & Mobile Technology
- (-) Remove Global & Regional Public Goods filter Global & Regional Public Goods
- (-) Remove Gender filter Gender
- (-) Remove Research Brief filter Research Brief
- (-) Remove 2019 filter 2019
In many countries in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia smallholder farmers are among the most vulnerable to climatic changes, and the observed shocks and stresses associated with these changes impact agricultural systems in many ways. This research brief offers findings on observed or measured changes in precipitation, temperature or both, on five biophysical pathways and systems including variable or changing growing seasons, extreme events, biotic stressors, plant species density, richness and range, impacts to streamflow, and impacts on crop yield. These findings are the result of a review of relevant documents cited in Kilroy (2015), references included in the IPCC draft Special Report on Food Security, and targeted searches from 2015 - present for South Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa.
This quarterly report (Quarter 3, 2008) provides charts of historical and future price information for key commodities including coffee, cotton, cocoa, and cashews. We review historical price data from a variety of sources including the International Coffee Organization, International Cocoa Organization, Cotton Outlook and the Food and Agricultural Organization. This update lists average monthly prices through October 2008 and, for commodities that are sold on a futures market, projected prices through October 2010. The report provides a concise review of selected market bulletins, explaining broad trends for past volatility and future pricing.