Types of Research
- (-) Remove Market & Value Chain Analysis filter Market & Value Chain Analysis
- (-) Remove Household Well-Being & Equity filter Household Well-Being & Equity
- (-) Remove Food Security & Nutrition filter Food Security & Nutrition
- (-) Remove Southern Africa Region and Selected Countries filter Southern Africa Region and Selected Countries
- (-) Remove Environment & Climate Change filter Environment & Climate Change
- (-) Remove Smallholder Farmers filter Smallholder Farmers
This literature review provides information on the dynamics of the maize market and maize prices in Zambia. We address four key topics: average production costs and breakeven prices for maize farmers in Zambia, main drivers of volatility of maize production volumes, key factors driving the differences between Zambian and global maize prices, and policies that may have contributed to increased farmer productivity.