EPAR's research draws on a wide range of data and literature. Here are links to some of our favorite sources of information:
- Living Standards Measurement Study – Integrated Surveys on Agriculture (LSMS-ISA): The LSMS-ISA is a comprehensive household survey supported by the World Bank and administered in seven countries in Africa in partnership with national governmenta statistical offices.
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO): The FAO provides research and resources on specific crops and countries, and also hosts FAOSTAT, a data platform housing global agricultural statistics.
- The resource center for the FAO's Global Strategy to improve agricultural and rural statistics (GSARS) includes a range of guidelines, handbooks, technical reports, and working papers on a variety of topics related to agricultural and rural statistics.
- The World Bank, Data & Research: The World Bank's website is a source of data and research on a range of development topics.
- Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR): The CGIAR consortium is comprised of 15 centers working on agriculture and food security.
- International Food Policy Research Institute (IFRPI): IFPRI’s research is a valuable source of information on food policy around the world.
- HarvestChoice: HarvestChoice provides knowledge products, including maps, datasets, and economic models to support agricultural development in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Center for Global Development (CGAP): CGAP provides research on a variety of development topics, including food and agriculture.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL): J-PAL is a research, policy outreach, and training organization composed of professors from over forty universities, with a database of over 750 randomized evaluations covering a wide variety of sectors, countries, and topics.
- AgEcon: A free, open access repository of full-text scholarly literature in agricultural and applied economics.
- Cornell University: The University hosts The Essential Electronic Agriculture Library (TEEAL) is a downloadable collection of research journals for agriculture and related sciences with thousands of full-text PDF articles. They also host AgriKnowledge, a database of unpublished resources from a number of different organizations.
Resources for research and statistical analysis:
- EPAR Portfolio Review Tools: A set of tools and guidelines for conducting reviews of philanthropic investment portfolios.
- Institute for Digital Research and Education (IDRE), UCLA: IDRE provides useful guides on learning and using Stata, the primary statistical software used by EPAR.
- University of Washington Center for Studies in Demography and Ecology (CSDE): CSDE supports EPAR’s data analysis and training.
- Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL): J-PAL and Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) curate a research resources page includes best practices for data and code management and other resources covering research design, measurement and data collection, working with data, transparency, randomization, and software and tools.