Please Note: This information pertains only to the Evans School application. You must submit a separate application to be considered for the non-Evans School program. Please contact a representative from the other program for information regarding their application requirements and deadlines.
Deadline: For priority consideration for graduate assistantship and Evans School fellowship awards, all application materials must be postmarked or received online by January 15 (international applicants are encouraged to apply earlier, if possible, but will still be considered through the final deadline). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request approval of late documents. If you intend to apply after the January 15 deadline, please contact us at email@example.com or 206.543.4900.
Please note: After completing the University of Washington (UW) Graduate School and Evans School application, you will also need to submit all required application materials for your concurrent degree program by its deadline or January 15, whichever is earlier.
Gather your required application materials:
- Application fee of $85 (U.S.) for completing the UW Graduate School and Evans School online application. You will need to submit separate applications for each program. Admissions decisions are not made jointly; each program will send separate admission notifications. For more information about your concurrent degree’s required application materials:
- Resume, including:
- Relevant academic, professional, volunteer, or military experience.
- Academic and/or professional honors, prizes, or scholarships.
- Leadership positions.
- Societies and clubs to which you belong.
- Statement of purpose, describing in 750 words or fewer:
- Yourself and your reason(s) for applying to your specific degree program.
- Your expectations of your specific degree program in furthering your career objectives.
- Your academic background, extracurricular activities, professional experiences, community and/or volunteer work as well as any other factors relevant to your interest in public policy and management.
- Transcripts from each college or university you have attended. Unofficial copies of your transcripts will need to be uploaded with your online application. Once accepted to your program of choice, you will be asked to send copies to the UW Graduate Admissions Office. Official transcripts must be sent directly from your school(s).
- Three letters of reference, to be submitted electronically by your recommenders through the online application system. You must start the online application and submit the names and email addresses of your recommenders before they can upload the letters. Two letters are required, and up to three letters may be submitted. Letters of reference should come from people who are familiar with your professional and academic abilities.
- GRE scores need to be requested from the Educational Testing Service, which can be contacted at 609.771.7670. Have the scores sent directly to UW (the GRE no longer uses the code system). GMAT scores are also accepted.
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for international students. Please see our international applicant information.
Complete the UW Graduate School and Evans School online application. During this process, you will be asked to identify which Evans School program you are applying to and should choose accordingly from the following options:
- Public Affairs (MAIS/MPA) for the concurrent MPA and Master of Arts in International Studies.
- Public Affairs (MUP/MPA) for the concurrent MPA and Master of Urban Design & Planning.
- Public Affairs (MPA/MHA) for the concurrent MPA and Master of Health Administration.
- Public Affairs (MPA/MS) for the concurrent MPA and Master of Science in:
- Environmental & Occupational Health
- Forest Resources
- Public Affairs (MPA/MPH) for the concurrent MPA and Master of Public Health in:
- Environmental & Occupational Health
- Health Services
You will then be directed to the appropriate Evans School portion of the application to submit the majority of your required application materials.
Submit all required application materials for your concurrent degree program.
For questions and more information about the application process, contact Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.543.4900.