Types of Research
- (-) Remove West Africa Region and Selected Countries filter West Africa Region and Selected Countries
- (-) Remove South Asia Region and Selected Countries filter South Asia Region and Selected Countries
- (-) Remove Food Security & Nutrition filter Food Security & Nutrition
- (-) Remove Sustainable Agriculture & Rural Livelihoods filter Sustainable Agriculture & Rural Livelihoods
- (-) Remove 2017 filter 2017
- (-) Remove Southern Africa Region and Selected Countries filter Southern Africa Region and Selected Countries
EPAR Technical Report #335
Publication Date: 11/21/2017
Type: Data Analysis
EPAR has developed Stata do.files for the construction of a set of agricultural development indicators using data from the Living Standards Measurement Study - Integrated Surveys on Agriculture (LSMS-ISA). We are sharing our code and documenting our construction decisions both to facilitate analyses of these rich datasets and to make estimates of relevant indicators available to a broader audience of potential users.
, , ,
EPAR Technical Report #341
Publication Date: 08/03/2017
Data on public expenditures on agriculture are not systematically collected in any one database. Rather, a variety of sources collect and publish data on certain aspects of agricultural public expenditures. These sources vary in their data collection methods, their frequency of data collection, and the specific expenditures they report on. We collected data on agricultural public expenditures and conducted preliminary analyses for four countries: India (with a focus on Bihar, Odisha, and Uttar Pradesh), Ethiopia, Nigeria, and Tanzania. The data are disaggregated in a variety of ways depending on the source, but we include disaggregated data where available comparing planned or budgeted vs. actual spending, government vs. donor spending, soending by activity or funding area, and spending by commodity or value chain activity. Our goals are to facilitate further analysis of trends in agricultural public expenditures across countries and over time, and to highlight gaps and differences in data sources.
Slide Deck - Agricultural Public Expenditure Data Sources, Results Coding - Agricultural Public Expenditure Data Sources, Results Coding - MAFAP Agricultural Expenditures Data for Ethiopia and Tanzania, Results Coding - Aggregated Public Agriculture Expenditure Data, Slide Deck - Agricultural Public Expenditures Cross-Country Analysis, Slide Deck - Agricultural Public Expenditures Comparison Across Sources