We enroll 200 master’s and doctoral degree students for each Autumn Quarter through a competitive admissions process. Executive MPA students have a separate admissions timeline and process.
The four formal requirements for admission into the Master of Public Administration (MPA) and Ph.D. in Public Policy and Management programs are:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or its equivalent from a foreign institution.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 during the last 90 undergraduate credit hours of a quarterly schedule or 60 credit hours of a semester schedule.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) scores (except for Executive MPA applicants).
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for international applicants.
Your application will be more competitive if you have:
- Academic or professional exposure to government and policy-making
- Undergraduate coursework in algebra, microeconomics, or statistics (calculus for Ph.D. applicants)
- Excellent writing skills
As our admissions committees review applications, they look for candidates who demonstrate (1) the ability to sustain a high level of performance in their selected programs and (2) the potential to make important contributions to public service.
To find out more about how to apply and tuition, expenses, and financial aid, sign up for admissions and recruitment updates and contact us here or 206.543.4900.