We enroll 200 master’s and doctoral degree students for each Autumn Quarter through a competitive admissions process. Executive MPA students have a separate admissions timeline and process.
The four formal requirements for admission into the Master of Public Administration (MPA) and Ph.D. in Public Policy and Management programs are:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or its equivalent from a foreign institution.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 during the last 90 undergraduate credit hours of a quarterly schedule or 60 credit hours of a semester schedule.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) scores (except for Executive MPA applicants).
- TOEFL or IELTS scores for international applicants.
Your application will be more competitive if you have:
- Academic or professional exposure to government and policy-making
- Undergraduate coursework in algebra, microeconomics, or statistics (calculus for Ph.D. applicants)
- Excellent writing skills
As our admissions committees review applications, they look for candidates who demonstrate (1) the ability to sustain a high level of performance in their selected programs and (2) the potential to make important contributions to public service.